Updated May 25, 2018
INFORMATION STORED BY Board Game Atlas
In order to carry out the services of Board Game Atlas and to provide a great user experience, we will collect and store the following information about you:
Personal Information, that may be used to identify you as an individual (Personal information is any information related to an identified or identifiable natural person).
- First and Last Name;
- Profile Information from Third-Party Social Media and Payment Websites;
- Your Email Address;
- IP Address
Other information that may be linked to personal information.
- Content You Post Publicly or Privately on Your Board Game Atlas Account;
- Searches Completed through the Website;
- Preference Settings;
- Stored Information or Files Created or Stored on Website Through Your Account;
- Any Emails You Send to Board Game Atlas;
- Domain Name;
- Times of Access to Website;
- Website that Referred to Board Game Atlas;
- Your Operating System Type
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Board Game Atlas collects personal information from you upon your registration for our services and/or account creation. We collect any additional information about you when you interact with us electronically or in person, when you access our website and when we provide our services to you.
It may not be readily apparent to you when such data is being collected. For instance, when you visit our website, your IP address is collected so that we know where to send information you are requesting. An IP address is a number that is used by computers on the network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We process your personal information because we have a contractual obligation with you. Once you create an account to use our website, application and services, and agree to our terms of service, a contract is formed between you and us. In order to carry out our contractual obligations we need to process the information you provide, which also includes personal information.
Even if there is no direct contractual obligation between us, we may process your information based on your explicit consent you have provided (to us or a third party data controller) for the processing of that information.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We will use the personal information collected from you:
- to administer your account with us and provide you with our services;
- to respond to your inquiries and deliver reminder e-mails to you;
- to provide you with information regarding updates and changes to our Website, our Terms of Service or any services we offer or provide through it;
- to improve our product and services;
- to provide personalised experience for you upon use of our services;
Additionally we may use anonymized information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION.
We will keep your personal information for as long as you use our website and services.
You have the right to request that your personal information is permanently removed from our system and database at any time. You can e-mail such requests for permanent removal to email@example.com. The requests will be accommodated within seven days.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
COOKIES AND TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES.
We may collect information about you using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. Usually the information that we collect automatically through cookies is statistical data and cannot be used to identify you as an individual. It helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Board Game Atlas is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We have implemented suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure database behind a Virtual Private Network;
- All passwords are stored in an encrypted form;
- We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations;
- We back up all client data in multiple data centers enabling speedy recovery in case of a disaster;
- Whenever possible we will make sure we pseudonymise all personal or related data.
- The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
COMMERICAL AND NON-COMMERICAL COMMUNICATION
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
The Board Game Atlas Website is directed to adults, over the age of 18. Board Game Atlas does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age or have any reasonable grounds for believing that persons under the age of 13 are accessing the Website. If Board Game Atlas discovers any inadvertently collected Personal Information of a person under the age of 13, that information will be swiftly deleted from its records. If you believe that Board Game Atlas may have any information from a person under age 13, please contact Board Game Atlas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Board Game Atlas welcomes residents of the State of California to use its Website, and complies with the California Business and Professions Code §§ 22575-22579. If you are a California resident you may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please send a written request to Board Game Atlas, LLC, 1525 Mill Street #2, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401.
USER ACCESS AND CONTROL
If you would like to access, review, correct, update, suppress, or otherwise limit our use of your personal information you have previously provided directly to us, you may contact us at email@example.com. In your request, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and specify clearly what information you would like to access, change, update, or suppress. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.