All worlds contain some blemishes, sites of evil and darkenss.. Kingdoms you shouldn’t travel to and would rather forget about if you returned alive. Enchanters: Darklands takes you deep into these lands. Lands full of terror and forbidden magic, inhabited by ghosts, vampires, werewolves, trolls, and other monsters of folklore. Will you enter the Darklands? Or are you too scared? Muahahaha!
Enchanters: Darklands introduces 6 new Kingdom Decks themed around ancient horror stories and folklore.
The Decks introduce new mechanics that open up new strategies. Let’s get to know who you can add to your ranks:
- Ghosts: Ghosts combine Burying with various actions against Monsters (like Swap), thus allowing players to create a different type of Trophy Engine not based on brutal force! Monsters from this Kingdom ignore attack and defence bonuses granted by your items stack BUT doubles those produced by your Enchantment cards and if the spirits approve sometimes even more than double – spooktastic!
- Woodfolk: This kingdom introduces new, powerful, but conditional Items and Enchantments. The effectiveness of your cards is affected by your opponents’ choices, so you will always need to keep their stats and strategy in check!
- Trolls: Whenever you pass is the new mechanic these bulky fellows introduce.This new effect will make you think twice before journeying farther from a card with this ability. Each time you journey, you’ll face dilemmas about paying the crystal cost for a card or not. Items and Enchantments can tempt you with their bonuses and Monsters can be very, very, VERY dangerous!
- Vampires: These noble creatures provide lethal and dangerous gifts. cards focus on Enchanters wounds and dealing damage to all your opponents. If players cannot staunch their wounds, bloodthirsty Monsters become unstoppable as they boost their stats and effectiveness based on their opponents’ wounds.
- Werewolves: This Kingdom’s cards are focused around which side of the Moon token is face-up; New Moon or Full Moon. Items and Enchantments gain a bonus or actions when the Moon token is flipped, while Monsters draw power from the Full Moon to boost their attack and defense stats.
- Witches: Ah, is there anything this powerful kingdom can’t do? You will find cards that provide Healing, Crystals and deck fishing! They can also turn opponents’ Monsters into Frogs (as you would expect from any witch), thus making other players lose Glory Points. Monsters can be tricky, too, so players will need to be extra careful when journeying against them, otherwise they might end up with a Trophy Pile full of Frogs.
- From Publisher