Board Game Atlas Giveaway (Winner on May 24, 2020)

Supporter
BGA
Here's the info for the next round of giveaway!

Starts: Monday, May 11
Ends: Sunday, May 24

You will get +1 entry every time you complete any of these actions to contribute to our community:
  • Make a post on our forum or write an article
  • Comment or reply on posts/articles
  • Add/edit info on a game page
Each contribution is 1 additional entry and there's no limit to your contributions.

Thanks everyone for continuing to make this community a great one! And as always, which game will get if you won?

Like| 80 comments | report | subscribe

Please log in or make an account to post a comment.

Supporter6 months ago

Love this community and this website. Just happy to be part of the crew!

Supporter6 months ago

Now if you did win, which game would you get? :)

Supporter6 months ago

Root expansion or Viticulture. Maybe. Probably. I dunno. Don’t ask hard questions. 

6 months ago

I enjoy looking at the responses to these giveaway posts, but my list of games I would love to have keeps getting larger! 

6 months ago

Every time I think it will be my time...it is not lol. Still enjoy being a part of the discussion :) 

Supporter6 months ago

I'm sure your time will come again Neal, just has to happen before we grow fast haha

6 months ago

I have been seeing some new faces around here so here is hoping!

6 months ago

I received a notification shortly after the contest ended, so for a few seconds I thought I had won. :)

6 months ago

That is rough! Just so you are aware, it would be a direct message from Phil letting you know!

6 months ago

Thank you for that information! I love following games and getting notifications when someone writes an article, review, etc, but since the notification coincided to my checking to see if I had won, I just jumped to the wrong conclusion. :)

6 months ago

edit: My bad, I thought I was responding to seomthing else! sorry for the confusion on my comment AND the situation you were in lol.

6 months ago

I just want to say, I am looking at something like #Century: Golem Edition – Eastern Mountains. However, I just want to say that I have been loving your new Play log updates. Those have been awesome and has really helped me to look at what I have been playing to make sure I round out my game play experience this year.

6 months ago

I love #Century: Golem Edition!

I didn't realize the expansion was out for the Golem Edition.

6 months ago

I didn't realize it either, though I don't think it is an expansion as a different game on the some of the same ideas. At least, that's been my take on it.

removed

Comment deleted.

6 months ago

This is the first I've heard of this! I thought Plan B swore Golem was a one-off thing. But it's popularity must have finally convinced them to make volume two. The crystal game pieces are really pretty and convinced my friend to get the Golem Spice version over the original Century Spice after we played it.

6 months ago

Yeah, I was reading about it but the Golem version just has so much more character and component wise it is just so much better! They gave in to pressure and ended up making the Golem line there own thing. Which I appreciate since it just feels and looks better.

6 months ago

Nice! I do love the flavor of it and the pretty pieces, but now I already have the originals. 😂😂 So boring old wooden squares it is! 

6 months ago

That game looks cool! I think the 2nd one was Tom Vasel's least favorite of the trilogy, but he did say he still likes it. I love the idea of a trilogy of games that can all be combined.

6 months ago

Did they ever come out with the 3rd one?

6 months ago

Not yet for the Golem theme. The original theme, yes.

Supporter6 months ago

Glad you're making good use out of the improved feature. Let us know if you keep finding yourself wishing something was different or if there could be a nice addition! What do you think about these as future additions? They're just some ideas I've talked with Trent about before, but don't know how we'll approach them yet:

• When logging a play, if it's your first play on the game, it will let you know if you haven't rated the game yet and will ask if you want to rate/give it a review
  • Give you an option to take a picture or insert a picture with the log

I saw what Eastern Mountains looked like a while back and it looked interesting, because I typically like something heavier than the regular Century Golem.

6 months ago

I like the offer to rate a game but I think even more for me is I would like the rating and reviews you see show how many games the people who played it log. This would be something similar to what Steam does with hours. I think it would be some helpful information to see how many times a person logged a play in that game.

Supporter6 months ago

Ooops, I didn't know I already replied to your comment before haha. Trent mentioned a few times that he likes the way Steam handles ratings/reviews. Number of hours/plays spent on the game would be a great metric to see to value of a person's review, at least if you're not just looking for a "first impressions" take on the game.

Supporter6 months ago

I like the offer to rate games. That would be super helpful!

6 months ago

I want a Star War. I also want a specific Star War to be under $60 haha

Love this community. If you ever decide to stop doing giveaways...I'll be here just as frequently. You and Trent have made a great place for us nerds to gather.

Supporter6 months ago

So have you considered #Unmatched: Battle of Legends, Volume One yet?

And thanks Ben! Hopefully, we'll be able to do even more giveaways in the future, though I doubt the probabilities will be as favorable a year or two from now lol

6 months ago

I've looked into it, and while it does look good, I'm still not sure how I feel about it. It's got a lot of good reviews though, so that gives me hope. And people who love Epic Duels also enjoy it, so it makes me less hesitant. 

6 months ago

While I've never played Star Wars Epic Duels, I did recently get #Unmatched: Battle of Legends, Volume One and we love it. It's quick, strategic and exciting. I'm definitely all in for expansion (whenever they come back in stock at a good price)

6 months ago

Good to know. Maybe I'll look into it even further... :)

Supporter6 months ago

I’ve been playing #Star Wars Imperial Assault again and it’s so so fun. Wish you were here!