philryuh

Feedback Friday! (2020-05-29)

BGA

For those who are new, this is a weekly post where you can share your praises/complaints/wish features for our forum, game pages, content, etc. You can also find more information in this article where I walk through the various features on BGA.

For this week, one specific question I had was: Have you been visiting the feed page? How do you feel about it? What are some cool additions you'd like to see?

Thanks and have a great weekend!

3 points by philryuh - updated 36 days ago | 23 comments | report | subscribe

lanista 39 days ago | 4 points[-]

@trentellingsen awesome to see the banner on top supporting the movement.

Courageous Bob 38 days ago | 3 points[-]

Agreed!

dakotakg 36 days ago | 3 points[-]

I'm new here so I may have missed it but I would really like to be able to see and sort my owned games by my personal rating, is that a thing that exists or could be added in the future?

BenjaminK 42 days ago | 3 points[-]

I've got nothing but praise for you guys. Great job on everything!

philryuh Supporter38 days ago | 1 point[-]

Thanks Ben for the support! :D

Courageous Bob 38 days ago | 2 points[-]

I'd also love to see other countries included in the price alert/watching functions. It's great to see my wishlist games are going nice and cheap in the US but unfortunately that doesn't do me a tonne of good on the other side of the Atlantic :D However, I appreciate the US is where the majority of users are from so makes sense that that is your focus!

We've gotten that feedback every now and then so it makes sense. How do you feel about seeing the prices on the "all games page"? I've thought about whether we should show prices only on the individual game pages since especially on the all games page, some people aren't really interested in looking at prices, and especially not for international users.

Courageous Bob 38 days ago | 1 point[-]

I have absolutely no problem with the US prices being on the all games page, it's not a bad guide (games tend to be a bit more expensive in the UK but it gives an idea). It would just be nice if the 'Non-US' price comparison tool had a greater number of countries (and specifically British prices for me) as generally it just lists one Canadian option. Obviously there are price comparison websites I can use in the UK, but having it all in one place would be great. Also, I could then set the price alerts to just look for deals in the UK, as import fees/shipping generally make even great US deals not worthwhile.

Expanding price data for international support is one of our goals for this year, alongside mobile app and user marketplace. I believe we're still on track to get to all of them before 2021 :D

theDL 38 days ago | 2 points[-]

A user marketplace would be awesome! Especially if it made it easy to find local sellers/buyers. BGG is terrible at this. Facebook Marketplace has the local thing down pretty well, but most people don't sell their hobby games there :/

Courageous Bob 38 days ago | 1 point[-]

Would be greatly appreciated but in no way vital for me to enjoy the site, it is great :)

Marshwiggle92 Supporter42 days ago | 2 points[-]

I really enjoy the feed, I think I use it about 50% of the time. 

Courageous Bob 42 days ago | 2 points[-]

I don't know how feasible this would be but I would love an option to filter things out of the forum as well as just look at specific topic. For example for me I would like to view forum posts without the reviews some of the time, as they tend to be at least 50% and sometimes I am there for every except those (sometimes I am and absolutely appreciate them being there). And if that was doable would love to be able to save filter settings or specific tailored 'views'  for later.

theDL 41 days ago | 1 point[-]

Yeah sometimes the posts from people linking to their sites or YouTube videos can clutter up the forums if you're just looking for discussion. The simplest way to do it would be to add a way to filter for post type (text/photo/link/poll). Of course this would sometimes filter out a post you might be interested in, but I guess that's the risk you run by not looking at every post.

Courageous Bob 41 days ago | 1 point[-]

Yes, you can filter by topic, I would just like to be able to exclude a specific topic and keep everything else (i.e. reviews) whereas at the moment you can only choose a specific topic and all you see is that.

Courageous Bob 42 days ago | 1 point[-]

Just to be clear this is in no way a compliant, I think the website is wonderful and very easy to navigate, it is purely just something that would save me a little time as I am a lazy lazy man 😅

Will think about some ideas for this!

nealkfrank 42 days ago | 2 points[-]

I have been visiting the Feed! It has been helpful. I remember some people were saying it is hard to jump into some of the bigger threads and this makes it more palatable for sure. 

I agree! I've also been seeing that new users have been able to jump into older forum posts after seeing interesting activity on it through the feed.

nealkfrank 38 days ago | 1 point[-]

That for sure has been a big plus, it has made the forum more accessible. Good addition!

trentellingsen Supporter42 days ago | 2 points[-]

It's basically my home page at the moment. I've enjoyed a lot more conversations and even posted more than normal because I can see what people are talking about regardless if the post title interests me or not.

theDL 42 days ago | 1 point[-]

Agreed - seeing an interesting comment on a post or thread in which I'm not involved leads me to some interesting conversations I might not otherwise have seen

Courageous Bob 42 days ago | 1 point[-]

Likewise, I tend to use the new forum -> new posts page more but I think certainly when there are more posts it will be useful to browse for comments I want to respond to.

Linked Topic