philryuh

Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion Release Date Confirmed for July 2020

In the latest Update #36 on #Frosthaven's Kickstarter, Isaac Childres announced that #Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion will be available exclusively at Target in July. It will then be available through normal hobby distribution starting August.

Are you getting in on this?

3 points by philryuh - updated 19 days ago | 12 comments | report | subscribe

nealkfrank 21 days ago | 2 points[-]

Interesting that is exclusively at Target! Pretty big statement by them! 

This is the version that has a booklet of maps right?

philryuh Supporter21 days ago | 1 point[-]

Seems like a sign of success at least, no doubt it was an appealing offer to give just one month of delay for Target to have exclusivity. I wonder how many of the gamers will go for the Target price vs. waiting and getting it from their usual channels.

Yup, that should be it. How likely is it for you to get it?

nealkfrank 21 days ago | 1 point[-]

After watching the movie Onward I got more interested in a role-playing game...I just don’t know what route I want to go!!

philryuh Supporter19 days ago | 1 point[-]

Is that the latest Pixar movie with the two brothers? Did it feature DnD or something? Still haven't watched!

nealkfrank 19 days ago | 1 point[-]

Yes it is! Highly recommend. The older brother likes role playing games, card based it seems, but he is a total nerd but it is so fun man. I really enjoyed it!

I'm a major Pixar fan since middle school years so definitely :)

nealkfrank 19 days ago | 1 point[-]

It is on Disney+ right now! If you like Disney and Video games/board games...you will love it. 

Marshwiggle92 Supporter22 days ago | 2 points[-]

I do not know yet. I would probably give myself maybe a 50% chance of picking it up at some point.

@philryuh, will you be picking it up?

philryuh Supporter21 days ago | 1 point[-]

Maybe next year? Not likely yet because I still have so many other games I'd like to get next year. #Keyflower, #Brass: Birmingham, #Glen More II: Chronicles, #Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar, #Aeon's End

Marshwiggle92 Supporter21 days ago | 1 point[-]

Is it my imagination, or is your list of "games to get" growing?

Hahaha probably, the wishlist is ever-changing but I do go through it once in a while to do some cleanup. Just a few days ago, I took out half of the games on there that I don't think I'll be getting in the future, and put new games on there.

Marshwiggle92 Supporter19 days ago | 1 point[-]

LOL, I have to do that sometimes too.

Linked Games

Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion
Linked Topic